This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Interface up down notification

Does anyone know how to create an alert notification for when an interface goes up or down? I'm only interested in getting a notification from the interfaces I'm monitoring. for example I have a switch with 200 ports, but I only want to get alerted on up down status of the two uplinks it has and not on all the user ports. I have about a hundred of these switches/routers.

Parents
  • Right.. What I am saying though is that the Interfaces that are in warning have received and responded to a poll at some point, but are having issues keeping up responses all the time.  I haven't seen a node/interface stay in warning when they don't receive a poll after a polling period, and on the Unknown status I have only seen this in my environment when I have never been able to poll the device I added to NPM or SAM.

Run Wireshark on the Orion server and sniff your polling port.  Filter by IP address of the node and see what you are sending and getting back.

To me it almost sounds like your poller is getting overloaded and just can't keep up with the polling anymore.  In turn it's dropping polls and responses, or somewhere on your network between the switch and SolarWinds you have major congestion and the SNMP/ICMP polls are being de-prioritized and dropped at a router or a Layer3 switch.

• Yup. I'll try and find out what's causing the missing data.

Reply Children
No Data