This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Alert suppression

I am working on alert suppression.

My reading so far tells me that the only way to suppress dependent alerts is by having separate alerts e.g for each remote site.

That's OK, but I still dont see where to enter the dependent node status to suppress on. In the Suppress dialogue in Advanced Alerts there is only field and value. What I am looking for is "Suppress alert if NodeA is down".

Thanks,

Parents
  • Just wondering why do you need separate alert just to suppress the other.

What I did for example is that when a node goes down it will alert me but I don't want to received an alert from specific device, so Using the expression below I am no longer receving alert from that device

NodeName is equal to NodeA

• Just wondering why do you need separate alert just to suppress the other.

What I did for example is that when a node goes down it will alert me but I don't want to received an alert from specific device, so Using the expression below I am no longer receving alert from that device

NodeName is equal to NodeA

Children