This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NPM Excluding network nodes from polling

Our network is a small to mid sized K-12 school district. I want to eliminate a bunch of the workstations from producing alert messages in NPM. All I want to see in the Solarwinds NPM alerts are our CISCO routers and switches and the Microsoft servers and virtual severs. I did not originally setup the NPM so I am not sure why we are polling all of the workstations but it doesn't seam helpful. In any case I want to filter them out of the alert messages. I am sure I am missing something very basic and just need to adjust a setting on my rules. So how do I remove these devices (the windows workstations) from reporting in solarwinds.  Can I totally remove them from NPM somehow or is there a way to shift them to a different view etc.; however, if I did I dont know enough about NPM to know exactly what the consequences of that might be so im still on the fence with that idea. I just seam to get a ton of polling information from nodes that hide more important alerts from our routers and switches.

thanx

JJS