This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Billions of Jobs Queued???

Why are jobs queuing up in the billions? see attached. I also verified this using performance monitor on the server itself. Polling percentage was 98% but >2 billion jobs queued.

Parents
  • It sounds like jobs are queued on the poller itself, or there are orphaned jobs. Restarting SW services would likely take care of the immediate issue. If it reoccurs, a support ticket would probably be the best course of action to get to the root cause.

• It sounds like jobs are queued on the poller itself, or there are orphaned jobs. Restarting SW services would likely take care of the immediate issue. If it reoccurs, a support ticket would probably be the best course of action to get to the root cause.

Children
  • Ok. So I restarted the job engine V2 service and that cleared out the counters and the issue. The issue was that, none of the Application monitors were polling. Which is what prompted me to check the performance counters and I found the Job Engine V2 Jobs queue way out of wack.

I'll open up a case and get to the bottom of this. Thanks for the help. I'll post a root cause if or when we find one.