This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Can we alert for SNMP not responding nodes?

Hi all,

I searched about this topic but all are very old so wanna know if we can alert for nodes which are not responding to SNMP.

I have only 5-6 nodes for which alerting is required.

So can anyone help me on this?

We actually had an issue for some devices where they were found in hung state and they had reboot the device to bring to normal. So according to me setting up non responsiveness to SNMP will atleast meet this requirement.

Parents
  • This alert seems to be working fine for me. This will send an alert for any device that is not "Down" when Hardware or child node status is "Unknown" for any polling method. If SNMP stops responding, the child status and/or hardware status should change to unknown and trigger the alert.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

• This alert seems to be working fine for me. This will send an alert for any device that is not "Down" when Hardware or child node status is "Unknown" for any polling method. If SNMP stops responding, the child status and/or hardware status should change to unknown and trigger the alert.

pastedImage_0.pngpastedImage_1.png

Children
  • Can you show us configurations image ?

Enviado do meu iPhone

Em 10 de nov de 2016, às 17:49, jtranchina@mathematica-mpr.com <communityteam@solarwinds.com> escreveu:

reply from jtranchina@mathematica-mpr.com in Network Performance Monitor - View the full discussion

This alert seems to be working fine for me. This will send an alert for any device that is not "Down" when Hardware or child node status is "Unknown" for any polling method. If SNMP stops responding, the child status and/or hardware status should change to unknown and trigger the alert.

thwack.solarwinds.com/.../pastedImage_1.png

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on THWACK

Start a new discussion in Network Performance Monitor by email or at THWACK

Following Network Performance Monitor in these streams: Email Watches, Inbox, Connections Stream

• It's in the post....you may be having issues viewing it on your iPhone.

• Ok I see now If you set status different up? Ane test a single node after for more .

Enviado do meu iPhone

Em 10 de nov de 2016, às 18:06, jtranchina@mathematica-mpr.com <communityteam@solarwinds.com> escreveu:

reply from jtranchina@mathematica-mpr.com in Network Performance Monitor - View the full discussion

It's in the post....you may be having issues viewing it on your iPhone.

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on THWACK

Start a new discussion in Network Performance Monitor by email or at THWACK

Following Network Performance Monitor in these streams: Email Watches, Inbox, Connections Stream

Following Can we alert for SNMP not responding nodes? in these streams: Inbox

• This worked perfectly for me.... was able to test it yesterday for a new customer... thanks for sharing it,,,