This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SolarWinds Transaction Log Size Getting Bigger.

Dear ALL SolarWinds Community Experts,

We are deploying SolarWindsOrion Database in Always On High Availability Group and the SolarWinds Orion DB backup option is set to full.  We realized that the SolarWinds Transaction Log size is getting bigger and bigger.

We have tried a few solutions suggested by the SolarWinds Success Center to shrink the file. However, it was failed. 

Please advise if you have a solution. Much appreciated your help.

Parents
  • How big we talking?

Do you have anything scanning for event log data? - Had my transaction log balloon, turns out the event log table can get very, very messy and that was the main fault in my case

Try checking for the largest tables in the regular DB, if any are massive that's a place to start

• How big we talking?

Do you have anything scanning for event log data? - Had my transaction log balloon, turns out the event log table can get very, very messy and that was the main fault in my case

Try checking for the largest tables in the regular DB, if any are massive that's a place to start

Children
No Data