This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Reporting Instance for Long Term Retention

Has anyone created a second copy of their Orion DB for reporting?  I'm looking for a way to have my main instance keep our standard retention period but then ship off nightly copies to a second instance for long term retention or more intensive reporting queries.

Has anyone tried to do that before?

Parents
  • No, but I'm interested in this -- actually I'm looking for a proper reporting solution for solarwinds because web-based reporting isn't cutting it for me, neither is the ease with which data disappears from the database (e.g. pretty much at the whim of a solarwinds developer)

anyone built a datawarehouse for reporting? Any consulting companies offering such a feature?

• That's exactly what I'm working on.  I'm trying to determine the best course of action to build it myself since it appears no one has done it before.  Chrystal Taylor just curious has Loop done this with any customers?

Reply Children