CloudGENIX SD-WAN Solution Orion Monitoring and Alerting

I'd like to know if anyone out in the community uses CloudGenix as their SDWAN solution, in what ways have you been able to integrate it with Solarwinds tools and alerting?  Also, if anyone else has the same interest?

Parents
  • We too have launched CloudGenix as our new SD-WAN. I have gone through all the normal procedures to provide Solarwinds with the vendor MIB's but this has proven to be very novice in execution. I don't know if its CGX that failed to properly structure the MIB files or if Solarwinds failed to import it properly. I've opened cases and have been given very generic responses as to what is going on.

We're lacking basic information like Vendor, system name, etc. We've resorted to using custom pollers but its sad that we have to resort to that and its still not effective. Its a duct tape approach. Palo Alto bought them over a year ago and we still struggle to get Solarwinds to acknowledge them. Meanwhile i see Velocloud show up natively in Solarwinds. 

We have nearly 300 ION 3000's deployed and we have taken 2 steps back with monitoring and alerting on these devices.

I implore Solarwinds and CloudGenix(now Palo Alto) to collaborate to bring this product to the mainstream list of vendors and devices to be managed.

We should not be struggling this much for something so simple.

Anyone at Solarwinds feel free to contact me. If not then I will take that as a sign of ignoring the customer or not thoroughly monitoring these channels in the ways intended to improve through community contribution, not just for customers but for the vendor.

• I'm the Product Manager for NPM, and we're working directly with a contact at Palo Alto to get these MIBS loaded and available in the MIB Database.  We are preparing to integrate them this week, and your should be able to load them next week.  See: Add MIBs to the SolarWinds MIB database

We've also done some research with pcaps provided by Palo Alto, and found some issues with NTA's parsing of flow data from these devices.  We've identified some work we need to do to correctly ingest flow, and we've added that to our backlog.

I'll update this thread as we progress through the work required to properly support this product line.

• We already submitted the MIBs to Solarwinds months ago. It didn't help much. TAC said that Solarwinds hasn't officially added the as a vendor. Even with custom pollers, the devices show up in the vendor list with a question mark. They're just not being recognized as a vendor and I don't get any values when I browse the MIB tree.

So either it was imported wrong or CloudGenix just doesn't have the MIB files structured correctly.

• We're working directly with the Palo Alto / CloudGenix team this week to get these integrated.  As soon as they are available, I'll come back with an update and ask you to verify they're working correctly in your environment.  Thanks for surfacing this, and helping us to validate the solution.

@jreves

• Much appreciated @jreves. I am very impressed with the attention that Solarwinds gives to these forums. It proves that Solarwinds is paying attention to their loyal customers. I look forward to next week and contributing.

• The new MIB file with the Palo Alto / CloudGenix should be available for download now.  Please download and import this latest MIB file and test it out - let me know what you find, and if there's any follow up needed please post that back into this thread!

• Thanks for the update. Will import tonight. I also plan on upgrading to 2020.2.6

• Hi,  Thanks for the update.   Is this MIB file included with the 2020.2.6 release?

• I believe it has but also know that i had already submitted the CloudGenix MIB's to Solarwinds about 3mo. ago.

I'm still not seeing any values when i do the MIB walk. In addition to that, Orion for whatever reason is detecting the devices as Wireless LAN Controllers, and from a vendor persective, its still unknown, and has the question mark next to the custom poller i had to create.

We're still not quite there yet.

• Can you open a support ticket on this, and just DM me the ticket ID?  I'll walk this back through the dev team, and this way we'll keep a record of the information they will need to get this resolved.  Go ahead and collect an snmpwalk as well; they will help us figure out the disconnect here faster.  If we need to, I can go back to my contact at Palo Alto/CloudGenix to resolve any issues with the agent/MIB file.

thanks for your patience with this!

• Can you open a support ticket on this, and just DM me the ticket ID?  I'll walk this back through the dev team, and this way we'll keep a record of the information they will need to get this resolved.  Go ahead and collect an snmpwalk as well; they will help us figure out the disconnect here faster.  If we need to, I can go back to my contact at Palo Alto/CloudGenix to resolve any issues with the agent/MIB file.

thanks for your patience with this!

Children