This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Should I run full version of SQL?

Hello, we are just in the process of putting together costs to impliment Orion SLX and the question if we should look at a full version of SQL instead of the run-time inculded should be used. My question to the group is what benifit would we gain from running the full version, are there any limitations to the run-time?

thanks, if you don't mind how much memory are people putting in there server too?

thanks,
Brent
Parents
  • Since you're purchasing the SLX I would definitely recommend a full version of SQL Server. The MSDE version that SolarWinds ships has a 2GB database size limitation. Depending upon how many elements you're planning to monitor and how often you plan to collect statistics your database could reach this limit rather quickly. -HTH
  • Since you're purchasing the SLX I would definitely recommend a full version of SQL Server. The MSDE version that SolarWinds ships has a 2GB database size limitation. Depending upon how many elements you're planning to monitor and how often you plan to collect statistics your database could reach this limit rather quickly. -HTH
Children
No Data