This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

node has stop responding but does not down

Hi all, few days ago one of my node has stop responding (request time out) but the node does not goes down(according to the event log, i can't see the event mention node down). As a result of this, it does not trigger my alert mention that the node is down(since it was not down in event log). After that i had try to add my laptop as a node and disconnect and my alert works well and event log also logged that node down after stop responding. Below are my print screen of the event log for my first devices that will not goes down.

My question is why my first server will stop responding but will not change to down? Is that any issues about this?Hope u guys understand my poor english thanks.

Parents
  • True.  i would check the group dependencies to see if the server is a child.   Also see if the server has dual connections to the network.  See what interface the node is defined to 'ping'.  Sometimes, you may think it's on one interface, whereas it's looking at a different interface on the same node.

• True.  i would check the group dependencies to see if the server is a child.   Also see if the server has dual connections to the network.  See what interface the node is defined to 'ping'.  Sometimes, you may think it's on one interface, whereas it's looking at a different interface on the same node.

Children
No Data