This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NT Pass-thru authentication

I see this became an option in version 6.4 which I have installed but I do not see the option anywhere to enable this feature for the users.

Has anyone else done this?
Parents
  • This is the text I got back from support :

"First, you will need to log into your Orion website as Admin. Add the accounts for all the pass through users. If you are using a domain, the account should take the form domain\username. Second, turn off anonymous access for IIS. Whenever the user authenticates to IIS, it will be passed through to Orion. You should set the password for the account, however it does not have to match the System account."

Haven't tried it out yet. I dont't like the idea of having the account being the domain and username.

Good luck.

BB
  • This is the text I got back from support :

"First, you will need to log into your Orion website as Admin. Add the accounts for all the pass through users. If you are using a domain, the account should take the form domain\username. Second, turn off anonymous access for IIS. Whenever the user authenticates to IIS, it will be passed through to Orion. You should set the password for the account, however it does not have to match the System account."

Haven't tried it out yet. I dont't like the idea of having the account being the domain and username.

Good luck.

BB
Children
No Data