This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Monitoring Pool Members F5

Hi 

I was wondering if anyone knows, how to monitor the status on a individual pool member through Solarwinds?

I have a OID of 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.1.5, which shows the status of all pool members, of all the pools.

What i would like to get is a status update on a individual pool, and show which pool member is down.

Currently i get a report, UP,UP,UP,UP,UP,UP,UP,UP, but doesn't show which pool it is, until i get to the LTM

Cheers in advance for any help

Marc

Parents
  • I too have setup F5 pool member monitoring and currently display that table in a UnDP tabular chart on the F5 node details page.  Unfortunately there isn't a way to alarm on an individual "row" if you will of an snmp get table.  So if one member of a pool is down, the alarm I generate simply says "A member of an F5 pool is down, go to the node details page to verify which one."  I have already requested and I believe a test track has been created for getting this functionality in a later release.

If you want the OID's for pool name, etc to put into a table on node details here you go:

Pool Name: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.1.1
    Pool Member Address: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.1.3
    Pool Member Port: 1.3.6.1.4.1.3375.2.2.5.6.2.4

These are the ones I use in addition to your status OID to create a tabular chart that my NOC employees can view to get a quick look at which pool member is down.

Hope this helps.

• Thanks Brian, this definatley helps, although not exactly what i wanted, it stoped me chasing around for answer that doesn't exist for the time being!

• I wonder if the alerting for 1 pool member being down is now in place. Has someone tested it? Can someone shed some light on it?

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to genesys

it's been 2 years since someone inquired about this feature? Still no answers?

• it's been 2 years since someone inquired about this feature? Still no answers?

I am sorry but it is normal. You have to wait 5 more years. Just like multiple IP for single node support? It has been around 6 years. Still waiting...

• All,

We hear you loud and clear.

This one is already open (53513) and I'm adding your voices to it. We still have not been able to secure it in our product plan but we are working on it.

Reply Children

• All,

We hear you loud and clear.

This one is already open (53513) and I'm adding your voices to it. We still have not been able to secure it in our product plan but we are working on it.

Hi Francois,

Which one are you talking about? BigIP F5 OoB monitoring or Multiple IP Support for single node?