This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Group Status View

I want to create a group availability view with a custom query and would like to show group name, status (UP/Down/Critical,etc ) and also display the Status icon.

Something similar to below screenshot. Consider HTTP(s) URL as a group name. Can anyone help me achieve this ??

grop.PNG

Parents
  • i was trying out some simple query but i am not able to display the icon. Even if i try just for group status and not group members i still don;t see the icons.. just the path.

ssss.PNG

SELECT n.Name, n.DetailsUrl AS [_LinkFor_Caption],  n.status,

CASE when status = 1 then '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-Up.gif'

END as ICON

FROM Orion.Groups n left join Orion.ContainerMemberSnapshots s on n.Uri=s.MemberUri where s.ContainerID=66

• Seems like you are pretty out in the weeds with this, try this

SELECT Name, DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Name], StatusDescription as Status, '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + statusdescription + '.gif' as [_iconfor_Status]

FROM Orion.Container

Do you have SWQL studio installed on your orion server?  It makes a huge difference in being able to put these queries together.

Releases · solarwinds/OrionSDK · GitHub

• Hi mesverrum ... thank you.. it worked.. i really am not good with coding.. had been struggling to get it right for a while now.. is it possible to get something like my first image in this post where it shows availability, health and monitors in error.. My goal here is to create a business view for our critical services. I am creating a parent group and adding several sub groups under it for application, databases and URL so if my service is having a problem then it will show whether the problem is in database or application or server itself. can u help me with it please ??

• Hi.. is it possible to combine the SQL query and HTML/CSS to show the SQL output with some font colors or backgroud colors??

For example i want to change the Font and color of column "Name " header for the below query. How can i achieve this??

SELECT Name, DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Name], StatusDescription as Status, '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + statusdescription + '.gif' as [_iconfor_Status]

FROM Orion.Container

• If you use the custom SWQL to feed into a custom table/report then there s an option in those that would allow you to process html,. but the basic custom query resources would ignore any formatting you try to put into it. See this thread

Text colour to display alerts using custom query

-Marc Netterfield

Loop1 Systems: SolarWinds Training and Professional Services

Reply Children
No Data