This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Cisco Nexus and NPM Syslog

FormerMember
FormerMember

We are replacingour core with Cisco Nexus 7k, 5k, and 2k.  We have configured them for snmp and syslog  to point to our NPM server.  However snmp traps dibble in at very intervals and no syslog slows up at all.  Our CatOS and IOS have no trouble sending snmp and syslog to NPM?  We watnt o start a level of debugging to start.  Any help would be greatly apreciated .

Thanks,

CEM

Parents
  • Hi,

I have a number of Nexus 5k's which are sending syslogs to NPM without issue, and I don't recall having to do anything particularly special to enable the functionality.  I know that by default the syslogs will want to use the management vrf  -- are you expecting to reach your NPM server via the management vrf, or another vrf?  If it's a different vrf, add the use-vrf <vrf name> to the end of your logging server x.x.x.x command and see if that works.

Good luck!

Brandon

• Hi,

I have a number of Nexus 5k's which are sending syslogs to NPM without issue, and I don't recall having to do anything particularly special to enable the functionality.  I know that by default the syslogs will want to use the management vrf  -- are you expecting to reach your NPM server via the management vrf, or another vrf?  If it's a different vrf, add the use-vrf <vrf name> to the end of your logging server x.x.x.x command and see if that works.

Good luck!

Brandon

Children
No Data