This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

unknown devices and net flow questions...

We recently purchased A few modules from Solarwinds, Network Perf Mon, Network Traffic Analyzer. It's up and running and I am still grinding through the setup to get it working cleanly.

A couple of issues:

I have a few devices, mostly windows servers, that repeatedly show up as Unknown Devices. I went in and tried to set the credentials asWindows Servers: WMI and ICMP but for some odd reason, those systems will not accept the (Known working) credentials to log in.

There is no firewall in the way, other like servers allow the WMI polling method. Test fails on local as well as domain creds. At a loss on this one.

Also

We purchased the NTA without researching our switches due to my own naiveté. We have a Cisco 3560 as our core and it does not support Netflow. I am getting pricing for like switches that support Netflow, but I am curious as to whether or not there is an optional solution aside from a switch purchase?