This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

How can I upload bluecoat MIB file into Orion

I am unable to monitor CPU and Memory of my Bluecoat proxySG device. I have MIB file from Bluecoat but I do not know how can I import it into Solarwinds Orion. Please advise.

Parents
  • shardikr, you can RDP to SolarWinds server and create a Universal Device Poller.  You specify the OID/ GET vs GET Next/ keep history/ don't keep history.  From there you can also make it available to be added to selected views.

You can do this whether or not you share the BlueCoat MIB with SolarWinds engineers.  I suspect you will want to monitor these MIBs long before they are natively supported.  If I'm not mistaken, by sharing the MIB with SolarWinds, you could benefit by searching for the MIB name (letters) vs manually entering numerical OID when creating your Universal Device Poller.  From what I understand, that's all you really gain in the short term if SolarWinds support does something with the MIB you supply them.

Anyone know if that has changed or is inaccurate?

• shardikr, you can RDP to SolarWinds server and create a Universal Device Poller.  You specify the OID/ GET vs GET Next/ keep history/ don't keep history.  From there you can also make it available to be added to selected views.

You can do this whether or not you share the BlueCoat MIB with SolarWinds engineers.  I suspect you will want to monitor these MIBs long before they are natively supported.  If I'm not mistaken, by sharing the MIB with SolarWinds, you could benefit by searching for the MIB name (letters) vs manually entering numerical OID when creating your Universal Device Poller.  From what I understand, that's all you really gain in the short term if SolarWinds support does something with the MIB you supply them.

Anyone know if that has changed or is inaccurate?

Children
No Data