This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Specify Node Details View by Vendor

Is there a way to define specific views by the Nodes.Vendor field?  The view for nodes is "Node Details".  Unfortunately, we have completely different requirements for what we want displayed for network devices and server devices.  Is there a way to automatically define a view per Vendor type?

Thanks.

Parents
  • You may try this out.

In the GUI,on the top right corner,select "settings" option.Then select 'add new view'.Give a name and select the type of view to be 'Node details'.After submitting you should be in customize page wherein you can goahead and add 'all nodes tree' to the list.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for.

• Thanks for the response.  I tried that...  I copied the existing/default node details view to two others named "Node Details - Servers" and "Node Details - Network".  To each I applied a View limitation to include only the appropriate systems. I then went back to the original node details view and add a limitation and added nothing (effectivily blocking access to the default node details page).  Now, all the views fail with a security error.  So, how do I get the default view to be the new ones I created and not the default one?

• Thanks for the response.  I tried that...  I copied the existing/default node details view to two others named "Node Details - Servers" and "Node Details - Network".  To each I applied a View limitation to include only the appropriate systems. I then went back to the original node details view and add a limitation and added nothing (effectivily blocking access to the default node details page).  Now, all the views fail with a security error.  So, how do I get the default view to be the new ones I created and not the default one?

Children
No Data