This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Trigger alert when percentage of group is down

We are monitoring a group of nodes on a satellite inroute group. Some of these nodes go up and down for various reasons, which is normal. We need to trigger an alert when a certain percentage of these nodes go down at one time which would indicate a real problem. I have not yet found a way to configure this. Any ideas?

• I'm trying to configure an alert like this as well and I haven't had any luck. Did you ever find a way?

• No I never did. I have the group fire an alert fire an alert when 100% of the nodes in the group go down. Not exactly what I had in mind but it was the best I ever came up with.

• 7 years too late:

Trigger Condition: Custom SQL Alert

Set up your SQL condition: Group

SQL:

WHERE GroupID IN (

SELECT nodesDown.ContainerID
    /*, nodesDown.Name as GroupNM
    , nodesDown.NumeratorNBR / (nodesDown.DenominatorNBR * 1.0) * 100 as NodeDownPercentageNBR*/
    FROM (

SELECT groups.Name
    ,groups.ContainerID
    , SUM(CASE WHEN stat.statusname = 'Down' THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS NumeratorNBR
    , SUM(1) as DenominatorNBR
    FROM [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[Containers] as groups
    inner join solarwindsorion.dbo.ContainerMemberSnapshots as groupmems
    on groups.ContainerID = groupmems.ContainerID
    inner join solarwindsorion.dbo.nodes n
    on groupmems.EntityID = n.NodeID
    INNER JOIN [SolarWindsOrion].[dbo].[StatusInfo] stat
    on n.Status = stat.StatusId
    where groups.Name like 'Azure%'
    OR groups.name like 'HCI-%'
    GROUP BY groups.name, groups.ContainerID
    ) as nodesDown
    WHERE nodesDown.NumeratorNBR / (nodesDown.DenominatorNBR * 1.0) * 100 > 50 /* This is the percentage that determines if we consider the group as down. If the percentage of nodes in one of the groups is greater than this number, then we assume the group is down. */
    )