This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Clear Active Alert from Notifications

Since we installed our Juniper core routers we've been receiving alerts for Available Disk Space less then 20%. We've checked this out and it isn't an issue, but I cannot figure out how to stop these alerts from triggering. We receive 10 emails (5 for each router) every day at the same time (well except I somehow moved one alert to a different time).

Last week I tried going into the specific alert for Available Disk Space and excluding the nodes by name... that backfired as I somehow doubled the number of emails received. I don't want to turn the alert all the way off as it does keep an eye on our SQL server. I also tried acknowledging an alert and also deleting one, but they all came back. One of those ways is how I moved the time the one alarms, probably when I deleted.

Does anyone have any other suggestions for stopping these alerts from emailing? I was also wondering if it could be the Juniper platform itself since these are the only Junipers on the network. The triggering object looks very Juniperish: ...mounted on: /packages/mnt/jkernel-ppc-14.1R4.10 is one example. The path is slightly different on the other errors.

Parents
  • what is the alert scope set on? and on what object are you alerting on? That matters...

Or you can create a custom property and assign for the nodes u want to alert on and then create a alert on this...it would resolve your prob...

• Ah see I was hoping someone would say something that would lead me down a different path then what I have been looking at.

The Alert scope is set on All objects in my environment. When I show the list I see the specific child objects... wondering if I can eliminate those specific ones? It looks like an auto detection method. I looked at the specific node in question to see if the disks were being monitored under resources and the option is there, but they are not checked. Can I alter the auto detection of child objects? I'm searching around for that as you read this emoticons_happy.png

• Just some feedback, I'm waiting for the alert time this afternoon to see if it made a difference. Despite not seeing the drives listed when I check resources under the Node, I did find them listed when I go to Manage Nodes and expand the resources. I deleted one as a test to see if I only get 4 rather 5 alerts.

• Sure enough, deleting these stopped the alerts. YAY! 10 less emails a day!

Reply Children
No Data