This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Adding MIBs to Orion

I'm wondering if there is a way that I could add MIBs to Orion?? I have a device that has MIBs but Orion knows nothing about that device. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Well, I would like the following to be added:

- SonicWall CPU, Errors, number of connected users.
    - APC in particular the symentra line.
    - Enterasys Romabout stats and errors
    - Dell PowerVault errors and stats

I hope to see it in the next realease!! BTW, when is that due out?
  • I had another thought. Why doesn't Orion or Cirrus read the chassis-id on a Cisco device. Here is some information about it.

www.cisco.com/.../chassis.shtml

This would be helpful.
  • Cirrus currently pulls the Cisco chasis IDs. To enable this feature, you have to go into the settings and enable the chasis ID collection.

We are looking to also add this feature to Orion, in a few different flavors. More information should available about this soon.

Thanks,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net
  • quote:Originally posted by josh@solarwinds.net

What MIBs are you hoping to import into Orion? Specifically, we're looking for information on:

1. Types of devices that you want to monitor
    2. Stats that you want to collect/monitor
    3. OIDs that you're trying to collect from

Thanks,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net

Josh,

Are you seeking input for which MIBs people would most like to see built into Orion out of the box? If so, that's cool, but I imagine people have a greater need for the flexibility to compile any MIB they deem appropriate in the field. When I think of "custom MIB support", this is what comes to mind.

Thanks,
    Vic
  • Vic,
    Our goal would be to make the application as flexible as possible. We're looking for the MIBs and statistcis that people want to use so that we can test our methodologies against these requirements.

HTH,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net
  • Vic,
    Our goal would be to make the application as flexible as possible. We're looking for the MIBs and statistcis that people want to use so that we can test our methodologies against these requirements.

HTH,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net
  • Josh,

If you are looking for specifics to test methodolgies, we could use the following MIB and OIDs:
    NETSCREEN-VPN-MON-MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1.1.4.x (nsVpnMonVpnName.x)
    NETSCREEN-VPN-MON-MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1.1.13.x (nsVpnMonRmtGwIp.x)
    NETSCREEN-VPN-MON-MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.3224.4.1.1.1.21.x (nsVpnMonP1State.x)

which should help us build a page showing VPN details and status

Cheers,

Kenny
  • Is it possible to write the add-on like MS servic pack? then we can download and upgrade it.

We have a few Netscreen firewall VPNs and would like to monitor them via Orion. However, nowhere to add-on MIB extensions.
  • We really need valid MIBs for Nortel Contivity VPN Router Nortel Alteon Application Switch.
  • We're looking for support for Liebert and APC UPS units: battery life, load percentage, battery power on, bypass alerts, utility power on, etc.

Liebert MIBs: www.liebert.com/.../displayproduct.asp
    APC MIBs: apc.com/.../techspec_index.cfm

We're also looking for Uptime Devices and AKCP environmental probes: temp, humidity, water, smoke, etc

UD Mibs: uptimedevices.com/mib.php
    UD OIDs: uptimedevices.com/oid.php

AKCP does not provide thier info online but I can post it if you are going to use it.