This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding MIBs to Orion

I'm wondering if there is a way that I could add MIBs to Orion?? I have a device that has MIBs but Orion knows nothing about that device. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Parents
  • quote:Originally posted by josh@solarwinds.net

What MIBs are you hoping to import into Orion? Specifically, we're looking for information on:

1. Types of devices that you want to monitor
    2. Stats that you want to collect/monitor
    3. OIDs that you're trying to collect from

Thanks,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net

Josh,

Are you seeking input for which MIBs people would most like to see built into Orion out of the box? If so, that's cool, but I imagine people have a greater need for the flexibility to compile any MIB they deem appropriate in the field. When I think of "custom MIB support", this is what comes to mind.

Thanks,
    Vic
  • quote:Originally posted by josh@solarwinds.net

What MIBs are you hoping to import into Orion? Specifically, we're looking for information on:

1. Types of devices that you want to monitor
    2. Stats that you want to collect/monitor
    3. OIDs that you're trying to collect from

Thanks,
    Josh Stephens
    SolarWinds.Net

Josh,

Are you seeking input for which MIBs people would most like to see built into Orion out of the box? If so, that's cool, but I imagine people have a greater need for the flexibility to compile any MIB they deem appropriate in the field. When I think of "custom MIB support", this is what comes to mind.

Thanks,
    Vic
Children
No Data