This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Adding one or more photographs to NPM node views?

If we had a photograph of every network room or node and could display it easily in NPM's view for a node we would have better information when remotely troubleshooting an issue.

A photograph associated to nodes or network rooms would simplify:

• Coaching a technician via telephone to:
    • View the right hardware in a rack
    • Plug/unplug the right network connection in a node
    • Reboot the right node in a rack
  • Prioritizing network rooms for patch management / clean up
  • Understanding available space in a rack or a room
  • Remembering power outlet limitations
  • Analyzing UPS status

Have any of you found an easy way to automatically associate a photograph with a Node and insert it into NPM's view of that Node?

I'm guessing that answer is "no".

How about have you found an easy way to add a photograph to node's view?

If so, how?

Swift packets to those who have helpful experiences and advice!

As for the rest of you . . . aw, OK, swift packets for you & your customers, too.   ;^)

Rick Schroeder

Parents
  • I can't remember if its just the actual Orion website files only or anything (aka new folders or files you drop into the website folder), but those folders may get deleted if you upgrade or rebuild the Orion Console website.

• Good point! bharris  Be sure to back that folder up occasionally. I also have another folder in the same directory that contains all of my instructions files on what the NOC is supposed to do with each alert. They are all called ALERTNAME.mht. I do that so I can call them out from within the alert ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}.mht and they have a link they can click on to go directly to the instructions. I do back that directory up frequently, however over years of upgrades its never been over written so far.

The .mht  extension is is available when you do a Save As within Word and it saves as a single page web page. 

• Good point! bharris  Be sure to back that folder up occasionally. I also have another folder in the same directory that contains all of my instructions files on what the NOC is supposed to do with each alert. They are all called ALERTNAME.mht. I do that so I can call them out from within the alert ${N=Alerting;M=AlertName}.mht and they have a link they can click on to go directly to the instructions. I do back that directory up frequently, however over years of upgrades its never been over written so far.

The .mht  extension is is available when you do a Save As within Word and it saves as a single page web page. 

Children
  • Yeah, i've got a client who does a lot of customization and they run a powershell script on a windows scheduled task every few minutes to check for the path and if it is missing create a pointer in inetpub for all their custom php and stuff when it gets deleted during CW.  Very effortless that way.