If we had a photograph of every network room or node and could display it easily in NPM's view for a node we would have better information when remotely troubleshooting an issue.
A photograph associated to nodes or network rooms would simplify:
- Coaching a technician via telephone to:
- View the right hardware in a rack
- Plug/unplug the right network connection in a node
- Reboot the right node in a rack
- Prioritizing network rooms for patch management / clean up
- Understanding available space in a rack or a room
- Remembering power outlet limitations
- Analyzing UPS status
Have any of you found an easy way to automatically associate a photograph with a Node and insert it into NPM's view of that Node?
I'm guessing that answer is "no".
How about have you found an easy way to add a photograph to node's view?
If so, how?
Swift packets to those who have helpful experiences and advice!
As for the rest of you . . . aw, OK, swift packets for you & your customers, too. ;^)