This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Orion Capabilities

I was wondering if a few things may be in line for capabilities in the future.

Are there plans to have Orion be able to monitor NT services

Are there plans to have Orion dig deeper into Frame Relay/ATM? Such as BECN/FECN stats, etc?
  • I am very interested in monitoring services too. Specifically I would like to monitor the www service.
  • It would have to be SQL services for me.

Can you disable a node for a planned outage? So that the alarms do not go off.
  • I agree that the disabling of nodes for monitoring would be a helpful feature. We often have nodes which are down for utility work on a campus building or other types of planned service.

Originally, we had a home-cooked polling system which had a "no call list." It was a separate, viewable report of the nodes for which polling was disabled. The separation of the report allowed us to test those nodes periodically in case they had been missed for removal from the list.

The lack of such a feature has the effect of muddling up the list of down nodes when we have such planned outages, and the appearance of a new node has a vastly-reduced chance of being noticed, especially had no other nodes been on the down report (in the ideal situation).

University of Kansas
  • The same thing should apply for ISDN backup. When ISDN is up, I would like to be notified but I don't care when it's down.
  • Agree very much with the request to activate/deactivate
    node/interface for polling option. Would be great!

We may need a 'Feature Request" section if this forum gets popular.