This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

I want to build an alert that queries a Custom Property string, I want to type the value in the alert, not select from a drop down list.

So I have some alerts I'm building and I want to be able to type in a value instead of selecting one of the set items I've defined.

I've set a Custom Property called Site that has a list of our sites with the type of connection in the site title

Example:

Pluto (MPLS)

Our environment has many different connections. MPLS being one type that several sites have.

So, I want to alert on:

Node - Site - Contains - (MPLS)      I want to be able to type the (MPLS) value in the value box. But it's only letting me select from the drop down box of all the sites I've created.

However if you go Node - Node Name - Contains -   , I can type the value in, which I did in the pic for (MPLS) and (SAT)

Picture for reference, the top string I can only select from the drop down at the very end that has (VPN) listed.

asdf.JPG