This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Linux Memory Utilization

We have begun using Linux boxes in our environment in the last year and I am finally getting around to monitoring them with Orion (7.7). I have been able to get SNMP on the boxes (Red Hat Enterprise AS 3.0) up with a minimal config and I have been able to add them to Orion. The list resources dialog contains all of the usual system options (CPU, Disks, Memory, Interfaces) and when selected, Orion monitors them. Now one of these Linux boxes has 9gb of physical memory, but Orion only shows the system having 2gb of real memory. I also have two other linux boxes with 4gb of physical memory. These boxes also only show 2gb of physical memory. The SNMP package on the Linux servers is Net-SNMP 5.0.9-2.30E.15. While I know this subject has been touched on before here, I have been unable to find any posts with a resolution to this issue. I will admit to not being very SNMP savvy, and all the docs I have found online are not written for the beginner.
Thanks!
Jonathan LeMaster
Parents Reply Children
No Data