It is my pleasure to announce that the NPM 2020.2 Release Candidate is now available in your customer portal.
Each release candidate is a fully tested and supported product version which you can use to upgrade your current production servers while retaining your complete configuration and history.
Version 2020.2 is the next release following NPM 2019.4 and is compatible with Orion Platform 2020.2.
Release notes and system requirements for NPM 2020.2 and related Orion releases can be found in our latest release summary.
Many of the features in this release are also mentioned on the What We're Working on for NPM product roadmap.
- Microsoft Azure Networking - visibility into Azure Virtual Network Gateways, specifically VPN status and throughput
- MIBs Database Management - easily check and update the MIBs Database in your Orion instance for the latest vendor support
- Device View Improvements - new functionality, and added support for Cisco Switch Stacks & Catalyst 3750 series switches
- Performance Optimizations - faster web console performance from improvements to how we store and retrieve interface statistics
With the NPM RC, comes some fantastic new updates & enhancements to the Orion Platform which include:
- Monitor up to 1,000,000 elements per Orion Platform instance.
- An Orion Map to Success! - Orion Maps improvements, such as creating and customizing text boxes, labels, or layouts, incorporating custom icons, adding shapes, dynamic backgrounds, bulk administration and all-new Time Travel.
- Performance enhancements - The Orion web console is now up to 96% faster!
- Dashboards, Dashboards, Get Your Dashboards! All New Custom Summary Dashboards
- A Gateway To Your Fastest Upgrade Ever! - Upgrade improvements, such as pre-staging upgrades, upgrade plan reports, automating upgrades via Orion SDK.
- Enhanced volume status.
- 3rd Party Language Pack Support - scripts to extract UI texts from the Orion Web Console.
Watch the forum for updates, even if you're not able to install now. The product team will continue to release new documents detailing our deep dives of the mentioned features. If there's one you're particularly interested in, mention it in the comments!
Your Feedback Counts!
The NPM team is incredibly interested in your feedback, and on top of that, when you participate by downloading and installing the RC, you get THWACK points. More importantly, your feedback shapes how we develop our products. Post your thoughts, questions, and concerns into the RC forum and not only will you be able to get some SolarWinds swag, but you may help to make NPM a better product. If you have a particularly compelling idea, you should also consider putting in a Feature Request and encouraging others to vote on your idea.