This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

ServiceNow Operational State Change

Hi all,

When a ServiceNow instance in Orion automatically changes to a Restricted state do you have to manually change this back to Enabled or should it automatically revert to Enabled?

Thanks

Parents
  • You have to manually change it back - but you can write a powershell script to do it X minutes after it changes to restricted, based on setting up an alert for the change.

• Hi I have been having same issue can you please advise how would you do that with Powershell script I have not been able to find a way to interact with that integration through Powershell

• , is referring to changing it via a PowerShell script against SW using SWIS. The table you'd have to modify is Orion.ESI.IncidentService. The below script should be able to get you started.

# Import SolarWinds Module
    import-Module SwisPowerShell

$integrations = Get-SwisData $swis -query "SELECT InstanceID, Type, Name, Url, CredentialID, OperationalState, Status, DetailsUrl, CustomData, DisplayName, Description, InstanceType, Uri, InstanceSiteId
    FROM Orion.ESI.IncidentService
    WHERE Status like '%Restricted%'"

#Iterates through returned list of Restricted Integrations and set Status to Enabled
    foreach ($integration in $integrations){
      $update =@{
        Status = 'Enabled'
      }
      Write-Output "Setting Integration: $integration.Name from $integration.Status to Enabled"
      Set-SwisObject $swis -Uri $integration.uri -Properties $update
      }
    }

• My powershell is triggered from an alert which detects the Operational Status and then executes:

Invoke-SwisVerb $swis Orion.Reporting ExecuteSQL @("UPDATE ESI_Instance SET OperationalState = 2 WHERE Name = 'NameOfTheIntegration'")

's solution looks far more elegant.

Reply Children
No Data