This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SNMPv3 on Juniper JUNOS

I have played with various configurations on the Juniper platform as well as Solarwinds and I can't seem to get SNMPv3 auth working.

Anyone have a working config on Juniper and a screenshot of how that maps to Solarwinds?

Parents Reply
  • Thanks Salah.

I  found those exact articles and followed them exactly and still couldn't get Solarwinds to authenticate.

What I need to understand is why does Solarwinds have you type the authentication for SNMPv3 in twice?  What is difference between SNMPv3 auth and read/write SNMPv3 auth?  I tried filling out one section at time and both with the username "user1" and group/context "group1" with no luck.

That is why I asked if someone could provide a known working JUNOS config and a screenshot to show how the information maps to what Solarwinds is asking would be great.  Obviously passwords/sensitive information can be greyed out but I just need to see one example that works and I can run with it.

Children
No Data