NCM Failed backups

Hi

I need a report on failed NCM backs of all NCM devices. Please help me with a query (SQL or SWQL)

Also, I have a requirement on custom alert where if NCM backup is failing then it should send an email notification.

Can anyone please suggest?

Thanks in Advance.

Parents
  • For the NCM backup failing, you see that with the built-in Notification Details for the job. It will send you a summary of the job with failures at the top as an email. If you want only the failures, check the box.

Here are two SWQL Query widgets I have on my NCM Summary page, that work for us.

NCM Not Backed Up - Shows NCM backups that have issues logging in.

SELECT DISTINCT  
         NodeProperties.Nodes.Caption AS [Node], 
    --	 NodeID, 
    --	 CoreNodeID,   
    	 '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + NodeProperties.Nodes.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node],
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.IPAddress, 
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.Vendor as [Vendor], 
    	 LoginStatus as [Reason],  
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Node], 
    	 '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + NodeProperties.Nodes.VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]
    FROM NCM.NodeProperties
    where LoginStatus != 'Login OK'
    ORDER BY [Node]

Missing From NCM - Cisco nodes that are not in NCM

SELECT
    Caption, IP_Address, Vendor, MachineType, DetailsURL as [_linkfor_Caption], '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Caption], '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]

FROM Orion.Nodes
    WHERE NodeID NOT IN (SELECT CoreNodeID FROM NCM.Nodes)
    AND Vendor = 'Cisco'
    AND Category <> '0'
    AND MachineType not like '%6248UP%'

• For the NCM backup failing, you see that with the built-in Notification Details for the job. It will send you a summary of the job with failures at the top as an email. If you want only the failures, check the box.

Here are two SWQL Query widgets I have on my NCM Summary page, that work for us.

NCM Not Backed Up - Shows NCM backups that have issues logging in.

SELECT DISTINCT  
         NodeProperties.Nodes.Caption AS [Node], 
    --	 NodeID, 
    --	 CoreNodeID,   
    	 '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + NodeProperties.Nodes.StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Node],
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.IPAddress, 
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.Vendor as [Vendor], 
    	 LoginStatus as [Reason],  
    	 NodeProperties.Nodes.DetailsUrl as [_linkfor_Node], 
    	 '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + NodeProperties.Nodes.VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]
    FROM NCM.NodeProperties
    where LoginStatus != 'Login OK'
    ORDER BY [Node]

Missing From NCM - Cisco nodes that are not in NCM

SELECT
    Caption, IP_Address, Vendor, MachineType, DetailsURL as [_linkfor_Caption], '/Orion/images/StatusIcons/Small-' + StatusIcon AS [_IconFor_Caption], '/NetPerfMon/images/Vendors/' + VendorIcon as [_IconFor_Vendor]

FROM Orion.Nodes
    WHERE NodeID NOT IN (SELECT CoreNodeID FROM NCM.Nodes)
    AND Vendor = 'Cisco'
    AND Category <> '0'
    AND MachineType not like '%6248UP%'

Children