This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM comparison criteria Regex

Im trying to figure out Regular expressions for my cisco configs. Which one of these expressions ignores a line starting with a word:
^Word
^\*Word

I Also need to find an expression to detect a changing date in this format:
Mon Oct 31 02:02:00.010 CDT

What expressions do you all have enabled in NCM?

• Here is an online tool that I use for conversion: http://www.regexlab.com/wild2regex

Using that tool to detect a change in date not time I would punch in Mon Oct 31 to the tool resulting in:

Mon\s+Oct\s+31

If you wanted to check for date and time than punch in the whole line and receive:

Mon\s+Oct\s+31\s+02\:02\:00\.010\s+CDT

You might also wish to use the NCM baseline configuration to achieve a similar result to a compliancy policy rule.

Not sure which actually ignores that line using that website I have setup a lot of regex in Solarwinds without understanding the wildcard system etc. since thank god it can remove that need for me. 

Also note that if there are multiple occurrences of a date in the config file you will need to define the block of the config file to look in for the above mentioned date regex.

Hope this helps you out!