Secure SSH ciphers in Solarwinds NCM??

The SSH ciphers that are currently available in NCM are all flagged as a warning or as unsafe by the SSH-Audit tool that many security teams use to evaluate an environment. This means that we have to configure our nodes to use less secure options if we want to back up configs via Solarwinds or if we want to do anything with NCM at all. I work for a large financial company and have been told that I need to either get my nodes configured in a secure manner and that may mean that we have to stop using NCM. I am wondering what other customers are doing in this situation. I have been told that many government agencies use Solarwinds and I can't imagine that they are permitted to use less secure configurations. 

Parents
  • We are having similar problems where the supported ciphers don't work with the firewall configuration requirements our security team has provided guidance on.  Would be great if Solarwinds could leverage PUTTY or similar SSH client and could be updated independent of application to provide support for more secure protocols between version upgrades.

• We are having similar problems where the supported ciphers don't work with the firewall configuration requirements our security team has provided guidance on.  Would be great if Solarwinds could leverage PUTTY or similar SSH client and could be updated independent of application to provide support for more secure protocols between version upgrades.

Children