This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Looking for a template to switch TACACS IPs

Hello, we are in the process of switching our Cisco devices from ISE to Clearview and need to update the AAA/TACACS IPs across our company...I have tried looking around for a template and I feel like I am missing them...Can someone help me?

• Have you considered creating a script in NCM using the jobs feature to update the TACACS server IP address on all your cisco devices? Then you could just push the job to all devices needed.

• Hi

I will just use the compliance report to locate the old AAA ip  and make a remediation action that replaces to the new..

• Either of the previous mentioned solutions will work.

However, If you haven't executed the change yet or for others reading this and planning the same... please note that changing the AAA/TACACS configuration should be done on a test device first using either an NCM job or a remediation script since if the device requires TACACS for the Solarwinds current SSH authentication and TACACS allows per command authentication than you will need to ensure that for all the commands in the script it is always able to execute them and does not get command not authorized after executing only part of the script requiring a site visit to correct.

Test devices for scripts always makes sense but I always pay more attention when the change being executed could end with remote commands no longer being accepted or remote connectivity gone.