This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Need Vedge 2000 Device template

Currently have vedge 2000 devices running 19.2.2 not managed by vmanage, sitting behind a Pub IP and using PAT to these devices over the WAN to NCM.

I can not find a device template for Vedge 2000, only for vedge 1000 which when trying to take a running config will timeout (shows the PAT / AUTH is working).

Parents Reply Children
  • Ok using version 2c with a Community, I can poll OID and the device now pass's the SNMP test.

It is showing more information than previously with no SNMP, highlighted:

• Ok updated: it is now polling using SNMP v2; 

How would I use this to get the right CLI device template; when using the interactive wizard.

Step 3 "general device access" it times out.

When I use the exact same Username / Password / Port using putty on the NCM server it works.

• You should be able to use the same template if the 2000 uses the same commands.  It sounds like the authenication may be off sync.  SHA-1 AESX?X start with 128 and see if you can move higher.  

• ok the commands are different for example; 

VEDGE 1000 

"<Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="Show ${ConfigType}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}" />
    <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${ConfigType} ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename}${CRLF}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />
    <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect" Value="copy ${TransferProtocol}://${StorageAddress}/${StorageFilename} ${ConfigType}${CRLF}${CRLF}" />"

Vedge 2000

To copy from the router you would need to enter vshell 

"

vEdge# vshell
    vEdge:~$ scp filename .tar.gz  username@host-name:path-name"

I was hoping SolarWinds could auto detect the software and have the CLI for it