This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

solarwinds assign a device template to node using api or sdk

I want to update the Device Template of CLI Device Template of a NCM node. Is there any way using python sdk?

I am able to configure all the other parameters while adding a ncm node but not able to do so using python. 

Parents
  • , so you have to do a create to "assign" a device template. Here's a link that demonstrates how to do a create within Python, and the following script is a PowerShell script specifically written to assign device templates to a node. This should be enough to get you started, if you need any other assistance let me know.

$query = "SELECT TOP 1 ID FROM Cli.DeviceTemplates WHERE TemplateName = '$TemplateName'"
    $Script:TemplateID = Get-SwisData $SwisConnect $query
    $TemplateID = Get-SwisData $Swis $query #Insert query to translate template Name to TemplateID Here
    if($TemplateID){}else{$Exception = New-Object System.Exception ("Unable to locate a device template based on the template name provided.");throw $Exception}
    $CliTemplate = @{
    TemplateId = $TemplateID
    NodeID = $NodeID
    }
    New-SwisObject -swisconnection $swis -EntityType 'Cli.DeviceTemplatesNodes' -Properties $CliTemplate 
    $result= Get-SwisData $swis "Select top 1 Nodeid from cli.devicetemplatesNodes where nodeid = '$nodeid'"
    if ($result.count -eq 1) {
    Write-Output "Success"
    }

• Thank you for your reply, Yes I am creating the nodes using python. Is that possible to translate this code to python? i am not good a PowerShell scripts.   

• , im not good at python but i'd imagine that the meat of what you'd need to get this to work is below.

props = {
            'TemplateID': <DESIRED TEMPLATE ID>,
            'NodeID': <DESIRED NODE ID>,
        }
    	results = swis.create('Cli.DeviceTemplatesNodes', **props)

Reply Children