This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Juniper Firmware upgrade not working with SW scp

I wasn’t sure where to put this since I didn’t see a forum for the free SCP/sftp server which is where I think I’m having my problem. We are trying to do firmware upgrades for our Juniper EX switches. Part of our SOP is to create text files of some system information like system storage or interface status. We then archive those to a .tgz file and send them up to the SCP server for reference later after the upgrade.

My problem came up when I tried to use the ${SubFolder) option for parallel upgrades and the copy command fails when creating the subfolder. I thought it perhaps was the random name the macro was creating but when I manually put in the command with a hard set subfolder, the SCP server will not create the subfolder.

I’ve adjusted the permissions on the windows server to everyone>full. What else could I be missing here? I can upload files just fine to the root. Just not to a non-existent subfolder. I can upload a file to an already created subfolder

Parents
  • Some additional information. I switched tracks and moved to SFTP.

I'm trying to just SFTP the file from my Juniper box and this is what I'm seeing.

jsanders@CORP-LF-Loaner> start shell
    % sftp test@10.0.1.57
    test@10.0.1.57's password:
    Connected to 10.0.1.57.
    sftp> put /var/tmp/*.tgz /loaner/
    Uploading /var/tmp/20220416_1215~loaner~preupgradebackup.tgz to /loander/
    remote open("/loander/"): Permission denied
    sftp>

How do I give permissions to these folders?

• Some additional information. I switched tracks and moved to SFTP.

I'm trying to just SFTP the file from my Juniper box and this is what I'm seeing.

jsanders@CORP-LF-Loaner> start shell
    % sftp test@10.0.1.57
    test@10.0.1.57's password:
    Connected to 10.0.1.57.
    sftp> put /var/tmp/*.tgz /loaner/
    Uploading /var/tmp/20220416_1215~loaner~preupgradebackup.tgz to /loander/
    remote open("/loander/"): Permission denied
    sftp>

How do I give permissions to these folders?

Children