This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Config Download for Juniper

My core network is almost entirely Juniper.  For the purpose of backing up the Juniper configuration, I need NCM to backup using "show configuration | display set".  This is working fine.  However, when reading the configuration, it is preferred to use simply "show configuration".

Has anyone found a way to download both in one download batch?  I can run the command below from Juniper CLI and it works great.  I just have not been able to get it to work via the NCM device template for downloading configs.  I assumed that there was no way to run two separate templates for a device, so my thinking was to get both types of show configuration in one download.  This would essentially store two copies of the config in one file, and I am ok with that.

start shell command "cli -c 'show configuration | display set | no-more; show configuration | no-more'"

Thank you

Parents
  • How were you able to get NCM to download your Juniper configs in the first place?  I setup an NCM profile for my Juniper devices, provided the admin login, and disabled the "enable" portion but I still can't get the test connection to work.  At this point I would just be happy for it just download my config in whatever default way it's supposed to work.

• Hi

It could be a problem if you try to log as root and not as user then you get a other cli prompt.

Reply Children