This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SWQL NCM.TransferResults problem

hi,

problem is that following query does not return data for last two months, and I had some jobs in thi period

SELECT NT.NodeProperties.Nodes.IPAddress, NT.NodeProperties.Nodes.SysName, NT.NodeProperties.Nodes.MachineType, NT.DeviceOutput, NT.DateTime, NT.RequestedScript FROM NCM.TransferResults NT
br
Parents
  • Your query works fine in my environment.

I'd start by checking the NCM.TransferResults table and seeing if your entries are in there. Also, if you navigate to the Transfer Results page in NCM, does it show the transfers you are looking for there?

If they are, then I would look to see if maybe you've deleted the nodes that you ran the transfers against or something else like that.  This could include either deleting entirely from Solarwinds (even if you added it back) or if you deleted it from NCM (and added it back/or not).

Explanation:

All of the SELECT items like "NT.NodeProperties.Nodes.MachineType" are doing join statements in the background.  It's possible you are trying to join mismatched things if you've made changes to your nodes in NCM.  These tables will be joined on the NCM.Nodes.NodeID value, which probably changes if you remove a node from NCM and then add it back.

I would assume that at least weekly, but maybe nightly, there is a job that runs in the background that deletes anything that is referenced to the NCM.Nodes.NodeID if you do something to delete or change an ID.  

• Your query works fine in my environment.

I'd start by checking the NCM.TransferResults table and seeing if your entries are in there. Also, if you navigate to the Transfer Results page in NCM, does it show the transfers you are looking for there?

If they are, then I would look to see if maybe you've deleted the nodes that you ran the transfers against or something else like that.  This could include either deleting entirely from Solarwinds (even if you added it back) or if you deleted it from NCM (and added it back/or not).

Explanation:

All of the SELECT items like "NT.NodeProperties.Nodes.MachineType" are doing join statements in the background.  It's possible you are trying to join mismatched things if you've made changes to your nodes in NCM.  These tables will be joined on the NCM.Nodes.NodeID value, which probably changes if you remove a node from NCM and then add it back.

I would assume that at least weekly, but maybe nightly, there is a job that runs in the background that deletes anything that is referenced to the NCM.Nodes.NodeID if you do something to delete or change an ID.  

Children
No Data