This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

SCP/SFTP File upload fail

Hi,

we are using the NCM and with it the SCP/SFTP (v2.2.0.110) as a service. But there is an issue with uploading files through SFTP.

Logs:

2021-03-18 10:00:03,320 [7] INFO  SolarWinds.Sftp.Service.Listener - FileUploadFail Unknown File upload rejected; user nms from IP xxxxx

Has anyone the same issue? 

Thanks

Parents
  • does your SCP/SFTP server have an account provisioned for nms? when you open the application on the polling engine that is receiving the file there are settings for user accounts, it looks like the uploader is trying to use an account that doesn't exist on the SFTP server. This article should walk you through configuring SFTP users

documentation.solarwinds.com/.../ToolsetPHToolsReferencesSFTPSCPServer.htm

• Hi, yes,  the user does exist on the server.

• , are you initiating the file upload or is it some task that is being launched within NCM? If you have not tested it manually can you try doing that? Can you also try and remove that user and recreate it, maybe the password changed from when that user was first established in the SFTP console.

• I think I found it. I hope so..

The sftp/scp service is installed on the same machine as the orion NCM.

I've found that there is a setting on the Orion platform SETTINGS > ALL SETTINGS > NCM Settings > SCP Server. And there the username was different than the user set directly in the SCP Service (screenshot previous post).

Do you know when the settings on the Orion platform applies (if ever) ?

Yesterday I made couple of tests and the upload was working okay. But today the upload was unsuccesful again.

And I found these log entries:

2021-03-18 23:00:44,128 [26] INFO SolarWinds.Sftp.Service.SftpService - General Unknown Detected change in settings file; reloading settings in 10 seconds.
    2021-03-18 23:00:54,144 [28] INFO SolarWinds.Sftp.Service.Listener - ServiceSettings.Timeout: 120
    2021-03-18 23:00:54,190 [28] INFO SolarWinds.Sftp.Service.Listener - ServiceSettings.Timeout: 120
    2021-03-18 23:00:54,222 [28] INFO SolarWinds.Sftp.Service.SftpService - General Unknown Settings reloaded.

I just looked backe in the previous logs and everyday at 23:00:00 this message pops up.

Thank you! BR

• Now, I have corrected the username on the Orion platform. Let's see what happens tonight.

Reply Children