backup mellanox switch ?

Hi Forum,

We are starting to get HPE Syngery chassis with new Mellanox (aka Nvidia) Swicthes model SH2200 embedded.

Since we didnt have these types before, and NCM cant download the config, pr default, I was wondering if anyone is doing this allready, and feel like sharing. ??

It should be simple, like Cisco, just login and issue; SWITCH_A-DC1 [standalone: master] # show running-config expanded 

But I can understand Mellanox has some features with binary config-files, and swap between configs.

Im just looking for the simple one, with show runn

:-)

• In the same situation here. Anyone have updates or are we looking at a support case for this?

• I ended up just adding a custom device template and enabled it for auto detection:
    <!--SolarWinds Network Management Tools-->
    <!--Copyright 2007 SolarWinds.Net All rights reserved-->
    <Configuration-Management Device="Mellanox SH2200" SystemOID="1.3.6.1.4.1.33049.1.1.1.866573">
        <Commands>
            <Command Name="RESET" Value="terminal length 999"/>
            <Command Name="Reboot" Value="reload noconfirm"/>
            <Command Name="EnterConfigMode" Value="config terminal"/>
            <Command Name="ExitConfigMode" Value="quit"/>
            <Command Name="Startup" Value="show startup-config"/>
            <Command Name="Running" Value="show running-config expanded"/>
            <Command Name="DownloadConfig" Value="${ConfigType}"/>
            <Command Name="UploadConfig" Value="${EnterConfigMode}${CRLF}${ConfigText}${CRLF}${ExitConfigMode}"/>
            <Command Name="DownloadConfigIndirect" Value="write net ${StorageAddress}:/${StorageFilename}"/>
            <Command Name="UploadConfigIndirect"/>
            <Command Name="EraseConfig" Value="write erase${CRLF}Yes"/>
            <Command Name="SaveConfig" Value="write memory"/>
            <Command Name="Version" Value="show version"/>
        </Commands>
    </Configuration-Management>

It very much need more focus, but it does the trick on fetching the config for backup reasons

this

and this:

seems to do it

• i know this is old, but did you ever get this figured out.  just got some of these switches and having the same issue

• So to repeat myselfs, the reply I ended up with i present int the first line:

I ended up just adding a custom device template and enabled it for auto detection:

It very much need more focus, but it does the trick on fetching the config for backup reasons

this

and this:

seems to do it

so i didnt develop anything fancy for the Mellanox, just a backup of the running cfg

• crap i missed that, ui thought that was a "quote" in a reply for some reason.  i just edited my script with what you said and it's working now.  thanks