This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Learning NCM command scripts

Hi All.

Can anyone recommend a video or text tutorial for beginners on NCM command scripts?  I would like to learn how to do "if/elseif" statements in a script so if node name = XXX then run (commands 123) else if node name =YYY then run (commands 456) else if node name =ZZZ then run (commands 789).

• Has there ever been a request you've heard of, for a script to bounce different Cisco switch ports on different switches and be able to run that on a schedule?  Not even sure where to begin.  Don't know if I should be doing that as a Config Change Template or a script in Script Management.  HELP???

• Hi All,

In case someone was curious I was not able to find a solution to do if/else statements for a script so I went ahead and created 6 scripts one for each node and have them running on a nightly schedule.  It's sloppier than having 1 script to do the 6 nodes but it got us what we needed for the time being.  If anyone happens to come across this and has a viable solution to run a script against different nodes using if/else statements to match node name, please feel free to let me know.