This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bulk import of Router and switch configuration Files

We recently had our NCM Server go down hard.  Until the data off the previous server drives are recovered, I have lost everything(Database included). I had to rebuild NCM on another machine.    We periodically backup the Configurations to a network drive.    I see there is a way to import one configuration file at a time but does anyone know of a way to do a bulk import of my older configuration files?  

Parents
  • Hi,

Unfortunately not. It's a feature request -- .

Regards,

Jiri

• I am using the NCM evaluation software on my personal PC and try to import a few cisco device configs into the NCM to test, but I could not find the way to import each config into the NCM. The SolarWinds instruction shows I have to select a node first before I can import the config, but I don't have any nodes in NCM modules yet because I have not connected it to the network. You mentioned you could import single config into NCM. Could you please provide instruction how to do that? thanks

• I am using the NCM evaluation software on my personal PC and try to import a few cisco device configs into the NCM to test, but I could not find the way to import each config into the NCM. The SolarWinds instruction shows I have to select a node first before I can import the config, but I don't have any nodes in NCM modules yet because I have not connected it to the network. You mentioned you could import single config into NCM. Could you please provide instruction how to do that? thanks

Children

• A config is usually tied to a node in the NCM Database. So as long as you don’t have nodes in NCM, importing configs doesn’t work like NCM is designed.
    Tip: open a new thread for a new topic. This thread has a solution and probably not many users are looking for new questions on a solved thread