This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Bulk import of Router and switch configuration Files

We recently had our NCM Server go down hard.  Until the data off the previous server drives are recovered, I have lost everything(Database included). I had to rebuild NCM on another machine.    We periodically backup the Configurations to a network drive.    I see there is a way to import one configuration file at a time but does anyone know of a way to do a bulk import of my older configuration files?  

Parents Reply Children
  • Suspected as much. Thanks for the update. A follow-up question please.....

Where are imported config files in TXT format stored?

• That depends on where you put them!  :-)

If you go to NCM Settings, under "Config Archive Folder Locations".   It hints that you can save to multiple folders, but I have yet to see them add a "New" button where you can set up additional ones.  Once you get into the profile for the folder location, you will have a path to where the files are stored, and also a template for naming the config files, which I like a lot.   If this template specifies a subdirectory, it creates it if needed to save the file.

Just to be clear, this isn't for "imported" config files, this would be for downloaded config files by NCM...