This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Changing Interface Description using Policy Rule REMEDIATION

Hi guys,

I'd like to automatically change an interface description using a Remediation script (automatically execute when violation is found).

I'm having trouble figuring out whether this is doable or not, so I hope one of you can chime in.

Say you've got a switch that's in a stack. You pull the config every night during backup, then a Policy Report checks whether one or several GigabitEthernet interfaces have the word (TEMP) defined.

The policy would include a Rule that automatically executes a remediation script to rename all the interfaces whose description includes the word TEMP to *reserved*.

How would the Rule look like if I only want to match "GigabitEthernet" interfaces with TEMP in description?

How would the remediation script look like if I only want the above found interfaces renamed to *reserved*?

Is this possible?

TIA

Top Replies

Parents Reply Children