This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Missing or Incorrect EoL/EoS Data

As a part of the effort to make the EoL/EoS feature (available with NCM 7.2) as useful as possible, we would like to ask you to report any devices where our data is missing, incorrect, or the suggestions are misleading. We will do our best to incorporate your feedback into NCM.

Note: If applicable please provide the EoL/EoS in the following form:

Device Type, System description, end-of-sale date, end-of-support date, Vendor EOL statement URL

Thanks,

Jiri

Parents
  • I'm sorry, but the matching algorithm is so far off in NCM7.3.1 as to render this a useless exercise.

Firstly, I have:

pastedImage_1.png

seems like there is a lot of data missing from your database as several thousand of these devices are in EOS

Next, if I go into the (few) nodes with matching data I get matches like this:

pastedImage_0.png

While I can see this is a 'low quality' match, I can't filter that quality at the top level, so I have to go into each machine type and see that in reality I have zero matches.

also, apart from this being a cisco device there's nothing here anywhere near close to matching a ASR-920 router.

Finally, it's not pulling in the part number or OS version for Juniper devices (these are published in the standard MIB locations for such things]

• You should notice improvement in NCM 7.4.x -- matching is primarily done according to part numbers and the low-reliability suggestions are no longer shown.

Jiri

• we upgraded to NCM7.4, and I'm not seeing any difference in the display (at all); NCM7.5 will probably happen next month

Reply Children