This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

NCM Ignore Extra Lines In Baseline Check

It there a way to tell NCM Baselines to only check for specific lines and ignore ALL others. I want to to setup a baseline that contains lines that should be on all network devices regardless where the lines are in the running-config.

If a device has EXTRA lines I do not want the baseline to fail.

For example:

My SNMP Baseline:

snmp-server community "xxxxxxxxxxxx" operator unrestricted

snmp-server community "xxxxxxxxxxxx" operator

snmp-server host xxxxxxxxxxxx community "xxxxxxxxxxxx" trap-level critical

snmp-server mib hpSwitchAuthMIB excluded

snmp-server contact "xxxxxxxxxxxx" location "Test Location"

This baseline fails because network switches sometimes contain between the above lines:

no snmp-server enable traps link-change x-xx

I could setup a regex to ignore this line but I would have to do that for every line that COULD exist.

My Idea of a baseline is a stripped down running-config that contains lines every switch on my network is expected to have.

I dont care if a switches has extra lines since they are most likely specific to that one single device.

Finally I want to check that all devices have the following config:

snmp-server contact "xxxxxxxxxxxx" 

my switches contain:

snmp-server contact "xxxxxxxxxxxx" location "Test Location"

Can I use regex to ignore:location "Test Location"  but still check for snmp-server contact "xxxxxxxxxxxx" they are both on the same line in the running-config.

Parents Reply Children
No Data