This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Backup network switch

is there a product that will automatically back a switch configuration? I know you can force a backup with ncm. I want to make a repository of the network gear and have a daily backup of switches and routers.

Parents Reply
  • Like I said check out the demo, you'll find all your answers in there.

But to answer your questions, yes it will keep multiple configs - as many as you like. You can set it to something like keep 20 copies of the config or keep the last 6 months worth of configs (which is what I used).

NCM is a top product. It will also do real time change detection where you will get an email when someone makes a change on a router or switch. Config comparison reports are also handy in that you can compare start to running config and see if the config has been written of. You can do jobs where you run a command on all the switches to say check something like power status. Then in your report you can check for switches that have faulty power supplies. The options are endless!

Children