This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

What Netflow Collector do you use?

We're currently using ManageEngine Netflow but I've never been a big fan of it. We're also a Solarwinds Orion customer but I don't have the Traffic Analyzer component.

I'm definitely looking to make a change and wanted to see what you all recommend that I look at.

Parents
  • Solarwinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) is versatile, powerful, and flexible.  You can find online resources in Thwack that describe exactly how to configure your L3 switches or routers or firewalls or access points / WLC's to send the right kind of data to NTA and have it displayed quickly and intuitively.  I haven't found any Cisco equipment I couldn't look up in the Solarwinds online resources for Netflow, copy the configuration right out of the online resources, modify for source interface and destination polling engine, and then paste directly into the network equipments' configuration.

It's easy and it makes a wonderful impression on Managers & peers when you can spend a couple of minutes pasting new config lines into all your remote routers (you can do it in bulk via NCM), and then immediately start showing payback when you can see which circuits or interfaces have congestion or errors, and which internal sources are using most of the bandwidth, and where they're going to on the Internet.

NTA is a mighty fine tool, and if you don't have it, test it with the free 30-day  trial.  You can even tell them Rick sent you.  ;^)

Swift packets!

Rick Schroeder

• Solarwinds Netflow Traffic Analyzer (NTA) is versatile, powerful, and flexible.  You can find online resources in Thwack that describe exactly how to configure your L3 switches or routers or firewalls or access points / WLC's to send the right kind of data to NTA and have it displayed quickly and intuitively.  I haven't found any Cisco equipment I couldn't look up in the Solarwinds online resources for Netflow, copy the configuration right out of the online resources, modify for source interface and destination polling engine, and then paste directly into the network equipments' configuration.

It's easy and it makes a wonderful impression on Managers & peers when you can spend a couple of minutes pasting new config lines into all your remote routers (you can do it in bulk via NCM), and then immediately start showing payback when you can see which circuits or interfaces have congestion or errors, and which internal sources are using most of the bandwidth, and where they're going to on the Internet.

NTA is a mighty fine tool, and if you don't have it, test it with the free 30-day  trial.  You can even tell them Rick sent you.  ;^)

Swift packets!

Rick Schroeder

Children
No Data