This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Netflow Custom reports

Hi,

I am looking for building a custom report that provides me the below information from the netflow i am collecting on my Cisco ASA:

1. Transmitter Full Hostname
2. Receiver Full Hostname
3. Application Port Number
4. Total Bytes (Kbytes)

I try to get help from support, but they came back saying that they don't support custom reports. So i think any one of you can help me in building a SQL query to get this info. I am not a SQL guy so couldn't get this done that easy.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Kalyan 

• Hi Kalyan,

in NTA 3.7 (which should be available very soon - see announcements at www.solarwinds.com ) we've added "Top 100 Conversations including applications" report. It doesn't have hostnames, but have IP addresses instead. 

You can use this report and using Report Writer add Filter condition by Node vendor or type.

Also, please notice that ASA export total amount of bytes per session. It's not possible to show Rx/Tx bytes separately.

thanks

• Hi GZytar

what about if I would like to have the same kind of report as Top 100 Conversation with application but instead of IP, I would like to use Hostnames. IP address is only useful to Engineeers

• Hello danielk,

Please try attached customized report and let me know any issues with it.

Regards    radekn

ConvAppsHostnamesRep.zip

• Hi Radekn

it is working great. Thanks alot.

One other question. How easy to create the same report but base on custom period? A period which we can key in manually?

Happy New Year

• Hi radekn--

Thank you for sharing this with the community!  I would suggest uploading your customized report to the Content Exchange area as well,

Thanks again!
    DH

• how about a Netflow report that shows the top ten applications and their transfer rate for a day?

• Hi danielk,

To customize time period open custom reports in reportwriter.

Show SQL content of report in report writer by click on SQL tab (reportwriter should be in design mode).

Find "WHERE" and "GROUP BY" and replace content between these two words with time conditions.

Here are some examples

for last 7 days:

DateTime>=GETDATE() -7 

AND DateTime <=GETDATE()

for this month( actual month):

DateTime>= CAST (DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate()))as datetime)

AND DateTime<= CAST((FLOOR((CAST(GETDATE() AS float)+5e-6)))  AS smalldatetime)

for last month(whole previous month):

DateTime>= DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(m, -1, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate()))), 0)

AND DateTime<= DATEADD(ms, -2,DATEADD(d, DATEDIFF(d, 0, DATEADD(d, 1 - day(getdate()), getdate())), 0))

for custom date ( in format YYYY-MM-DD HH:MI:SS):

DateTime>= CONVERT (datetime,'2011-12-13 23:59:00' , 120)

AND DateTime<= CONVERT (datetime,'2012-1-2 23:59:00' , 120)

let me know if it helps.

Regards radekn

• Hi Steve,

Did you mean transfer rate for actual day?What is time range?

Regards radekn

• yes i do mean the transfer rate. We are currently testing the trial version of NTA and we are monitoring a network. The problem we are having is that in order to get the bandwidth usage for the application at different interval throughout the day, we have to manually select the netflow interfaces one by one and then view the app usage that those interface.  We would like to create a report that shows the transfer rate at various intervals throughout the day for a particular application on certain interfaces. The only drawback to NPM n NTA is that the reports do not show a graph of the data which other managements system that we have tested provide for us.

Our customers like to see a graph whenever they generate reports.

• Hi Steve,

did you mean the report like in attachment?app_interfaces+-+if-1.pdf

You can create copy of each resource (customize page) and via Edit button it can be customized for specific time period.

regards radekn