This discussion has been locked. The information referenced herein may be inaccurate due to age, software updates, or external references.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a similar question you can start a new discussion in this forum.

Upgraded to 2022.3.0 - Rule Conditions Missing from all - My Custom Rules

Upgraded to 2022.3.0 Rule Conditions Missing from all My Customer Rules
Does anyone know where I can retrieve my old settings?

Parents
  • Hello,

I have the same issue. All my custom syslog and SNMP traps rule conditions were reset/deleted after the upgrade. Upgraded from 2020.5 to 2022.3. I've been using OLV. Just opened a case with SolarWinds support, but I'm still waiting an assignment.

• Follow the steps above and run the report - do you see rules that were not migrated?  If you were already using OLV, you should not have lost any rules. 

Note that if you were using custom SQL to build alerts, those will not work when you move from legacy syslog and traps to Log Viewer or Log Analyzer.  You would need to convert those to SWQL or use the alerting feature in LV/LA. 

Can you post your case number? 

• This is the case number 01217936. I was using the OLV before the upgrade, not the legacy tools. And yes, the rules are migrated, but all their conditions are reset to "Fire this rule without any condition testing", and that makes them useless.

Reply Children
No Data